Monday, July 22, 2013

"From 30,000 Feet"

This was written for me summer of 2013. 

"From 30,000 Feet"

As I looked
Through the glass
30,000 feet below
I saw a different
Perspective

I contemplated
The view
But in reality
I was more
Reflective

Because today I saw
Through the window
Of your soul
Something different
About you

I only caught
A glimpse, it was just
A shadow of
Something fragile
Something blue

A vulnerability
A weakness
Underneath such
Confidence
And strength

Wounds
Rejections
Disappointments
Had gone
To great lengths

To frighten
To create
Defensiveness
Protectiveness
And fear

Loneliness
Reluctance
Timidity
Sorrow
And tears

It's not obvious
To most who
See you
They see
Independence

They see
Boldness
Personality
Charm
Self reliance

They see beauty
A captivating smile
They see taste
And kindness
And tact

They see hypnotic eyes
An inviting laugh
They see style
A socialite
Who is matter of fact

And really
What I had seen
Until today
Was all
The above

These things
And so much more
Had quickly filled
My heart with fondness
And love

But today
It was like
I saw you
From
30,000 feet aloft

I peered through
A glass in your
Heart
And saw something
Tender, something soft

This injury
From days gone by
Something buried
Deeply
Hidden from the naked eye

In a few words
You shared briefly
An emotion
That causes you
To shy

Away from love
To trust only yourself
To be rugged
And tough
Shielded

It propels you
To pull back
To bristle
To live
Unyielded

Like the lofty
Perch from this plane
Above the earth
I saw
Differently

The clouds
The land
The water
The forests
All of nature's beauty

I caught a view
Of your spirit
Something
I didn't see
Before

I saw in addition
To all that is apparent
Visible and intangible
Something that made me
Love and appreciate you more

What I saw was
Lovely and majestic
Inspiring
Endearing
Compelling

You shared
Your heart
With me
A part of you
That was telling

And I understood
Where you were
Coming from
I nodded
And agreed

I realized
In an even
Greater way
That you are a lot
Like me

You
Just want to
Be loved
Trusted
And adored

You want the truth
You want to be
Cherished
Appreciated
Not ignored

And you want
To live side by side
With someone
Who will
Believe

To your dying day
That you are
Everything
Valuable, worthwhile
And precious indeed

I'm finding that every time
I get to see
A new layer, a new picture
A new perspective
Of you

I'm loving more and more
Of what I'm beholding
And I have to say
Like looking from this window
I'm really enjoying the view

No comments:

Post a Comment